Friday, June 23, 2017

SpongeBob Sign for a Graduation

Happy Friday Crafters,

Today starts the new PDE Linky Party #178 Anything but a Card Challenge (Optional Planner Pages)

NOTE: If stopping by my blog for the Summer Loving Coffee Blog Hop, please click HERE to go directly to that post.  

For this challenge I made a SpongeBob sign for my friend who's daughter was graduating from college.  Unfortunately they don't allow signs at the graduation so they used it for a party decoration instead.   I got the SpongeBob file for free from a Facebook group.  I didn't write down which one and I downloaded it over 3 years ago so please accept my apology for not remembering which one or the crafty person who created the cut file.  Especially since I would love to give credit to the person who created it but can't.  

I made SpongeBob as large as I could to get it to cut on a 12"x12" paper, then cut out all the pieces and put him together. 


Here is a picture of how I laid it out on my Silhouette Design Studio software screen to make sure SpongeBob and the saying my friend wanted on the sign would fit on the poster board before I cut the words out.  


Here is a picture of the completed SpongeBob by himself.   
I love the way he turned out.  


Here is a picture of it all cut out and put together.  The only thing I didn't do was glue down SpongeBob and the letters because they were flying to their daughter's graduation but I laid it all out and took a picture so she would know how to put it tougher when they got to their destination. 



I was happy that I was able to make this sign to make her graduation a little extra special and thrilled when her mom let me know that she loved it. 

Well that's my project for the PDE Linky Party #178 Anything but a Card Challenge (Optional Planner Pages).   Hope you join us for this challenge by linking your project over on the PDE Linky Party blog by clicking HERE.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Crafting!
TTFN,
Debby 





No comments:

Post a Comment