Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Reproduction of my KaDoodle Bug Designs Cutie KaToodles - Building Sandcastle Bears Beach Themed Card

Hello Crafters,

A few years ago I made a beach themed step card using KaDoodle Bug Designs Cutie KaToodles - Building Sandcastle Bears and it's on my list of all time favorite cards.    Well a crafty friend reached out to me and asked me to reproduce it for her and in return she would make something for me.   I usually don't like to do this because this card took me several hours to make and my schedule it tight with trying to keep up with making birthday cards for my family and friends, but I was honored that she loved it so much and wanted one I couldn't say no.

Now as you know with homemade cards, no two are exactly alike and since I created the original two years ago I had to remember what I used and what I did to create it.    It's similar to the original but there are noticeable differences and there are things on the reproduction that I like better than the original.   

The one on the left with the "Hello Summer" sentiment is the original... the one on the right with "Put your Toes in the Sand" sentiment is the reproduced.

One of the major differences you might not notice is the eyelashes. 

    • Original Card - drawn with a fine point black pen
    • Reproduced Card - used false eyelashes from the Dollar Tree



Here are some pictures of the reproduced card.

Open View



View looking from top down to show layers.


Card Closed, laying on it's back.

Card Recipe:


  • Sentiment from Scrappy Moms Stamps Walking on Sunshine set 
    • Scrappy Moms Stamps is no longer in business :( 

This was a labor of love and I'm so happy my crafty friend love it. 

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Crafting!

TTFN,
Debby




1 comment:

  1. Adorable card so many wonderful details! Thanks for joining the Pink and Main Challenge DT Pam

    ReplyDelete