- KaDoodle Bug Designs Shoptastic Cuties - Coffee Pot Cutie
- Top, handle and bottom shaded using eBrush and Copic Marker E79 Cashew
- Coffee piece embossed using the corner of Cuddlebug Scrollwork embossing folder and accented with Stampin' Up Early Expresso Ink
- Tongue colored with Wink of Stella Brush GL. Pink 025
- Coffee beans from the KaDoodle Bug Designs Shoptastic Cuties - Togo Coffee Cutie set.
- Larger piece of the coffee bean was accented using my eBrush and Copic marker #79 Cashew and the smaller piece was accented using my eBrush and Copic markers E25 Caribe Cocoa & E19 Redwoood.
- After the two pieces that make up the coffee bean were glued together I accented them with a White and Metallic Brown Gelly Roll pen.
- Card Base is called A2 Lori Whitlock Scalloped Center Step Card from the Silhouette Design Store - Design # 42687
- Sentiments from Jaded Blossom's Coffee Break stamp set
- Stamped with Stampin' Up Early Expresso Ink
- Little togo coffee cup and coffee mug from Jaded Blossom's Coffee Dies
- Colored with Copic Markers BG45 Nile Blue & BG18 Teal Blue
- Added twine from my stash using GUM flossing threader as shown above.
Friday, June 23, 2017
Summer Loving Coffee Blog Hop
Happy Friday Crafters,
Today is a special day.
KaDoodle Bug Designs is a Super Sponsor of the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog hop and as a KaDoodle Bug Designs Design Team member I'm excited to share with you two coffee related cards I created.
This hop runs from today, June 23, 2017 thru Friday, June 30, 2017 and the theme is "Summer"
For my cards I used the KaDoodle Bug Designs
Shoptastic Cuties - Coffee Pot Cutie and used the coffee bean from the
Shoptastic Cuties - Togo Coffee Cutie set. The card base is the same for both cards but they have different sentiments.
After I cut out the pieces for the coffee bean, feet, handle, top and bottom of the coffee pot I left the pieces on my cutting mat and then used my eBrush and various Copic markers to shade my pieces to give them dimension.
My first card is a birthday card using a sentiment from Jaded Blossom's Coffee Break Stamp set.
Here's a close up of the cute KBD coffee pot.
To make him more adorable I put him on an action wobble.
I'll show my second card after the follow pictures showing you a tip on how I fed my twine through the small holes in the to-go coffee cup and coffee mug created using the Jaded Blossom Coffee Dies metal die set.
I don't know about you but when I'm trying to thread twine through button holes or any other small openings I would get frustrated because the end of the twine would get frayed and wouldn't go through the hold smoothly. So a while back when I was trying to figure out an easier way to get twine or small ribbon through button holes I thought of a sewing threader but I didn't want to take it out of my sewing kit and I didn't want to go buy one so I looked around the house to see what I had around the house that might work and I came
across some unused GUM Eez-Thru Floss Threaders that were given to my son when he had braces and thought these will work perfectly. Below are several pictures to show you how I used the floss threader to pull the twine thru the holes in the tiny coffee mug.
Here I am pulling the twine thru the hole with the floss threader.
Easy peasy now time to pull thru the other hole.
Here's the back with the pointy part of the threader though the hole.
And here is the twine being pulled through the second hole.
Here's the little coffee mug with the twine though both holes ready for the bow to be tied.
Hope you liked that quick tip between pictures of my cards.
Here are pictures of my second card.
I put the coffee beans on the side instead of the bottom like I did on the birthday coffee card and I put one of the togo cups in his hand and next to the sentiment.
This sentiment is also from the Jaded Blossom's Coffee Break stamp set.
Yep, he's also on an action wobble.
This picture really shows him wobbling.
Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you liked my cards and my crafty tip.
Please hop over to http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com for their blog line up and also go over to the KaDoodle Bug Designs blog at www.kadoodlebugdesigns.blogspot.com to check the project's my design team sisters created.