Saturday, September 8, 2018

Pop Up Box Golf Birthday Card

Hello Crafty Friends,

Today I'm sharing with you a birthday card I made for a 
friend who loves to golf.   

I wanted the golf cart to be more detailed than the golf cart that came with the card file so I used another golf cart file and modified the card to incorporate the more detailed golf cart.    I also added grass and extra clouds to the card. 

  I just love how this card turned out with my added elements. 

Here is the front of the card closed. 


This is the card laid flat. 




Here is the card open so you can see the dimension.




A view from the top view so you can see the tee and hole with the flag. 




I even decorated the back of the card to hide what I wrote so my friend could put this on his desk and others wouldn't see the silly message i put inside. 




Here's the silly message I put inside.  I found this saying on the internet and knew it was perfect for this card.  



Here's a print shot from my Silhouette Studio Designer program.

The top, is the the piece with the golf cart from the original file... to the right is a print shot of what the finished card looks like in the Silhouette Store.    

I used the rectangle Drawing Tool in the Silhouette Studio Designer software to crop the cart away from the long piece that has the score lines.  After I did that I copied the background piece of the detailed golf cart and welded it to the piece with the scored lines after I cropped the original cart away from it. 



Card Recipe:
  • Card from the Silhouette Store - Pop Up Box Card Golf by Lori Whitlock - Design #148379 - MODIFIED!!!!!!
    • Cut the piece for the golf tee and the golf hole in green to make it look like a faraway.    
    • Only cut the golf ball in a solid white and then embossed it with my swiss dot embossing folder.  
  • Detailed Golf Cart from Silhouette Store - Golf Cart by Lisa Norris - Design #197134
  • Grass from the Silhouette Store - Grass by Silhouette - Design #1075
    • Modified -- Stretched and narrowed -- 0.639 high x 5.667 long
  • Extra clouds from a file I had in my Silhouette library.   Not sure where they came from since the properties does give me any info on them. 
    • Used dimensional squares to pop up clouds
Hope you like the finished modified pop up golf card that I created and inspired you to not be afraid to combine files.

Have a beautiful day.

Happy Crafting!

TTFN,
Debby 







2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love these pop-up box cards from Laurie Whitlock . I have had to modify a couple of them , and they always come out so well .

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    P. S stop by my blog I'm having a prize giveaway !

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER fun card my friend! I absolutely love it!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete