Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Anniversary Card for my Hubby

Happy 4th of July Crafters,

Today I'm sharing a card I made for my husband for our 27th wedding anniversary.   

When we were dating he use to tease me at time by mouthing Olive Juice instead of I Love You because from a distance it looked like he was saying I Love You.   When I was trying to decide what to make him for our anniversary card I thought of olives and searched my Evernote database to see what images I had for olives and I found the Olive You file from My Scrap Chick that I thought was perfect for my anniversary card to him.   So the creating began.   

I did some modification to the file.  I wanted the mouth and red bow and oval to inset instead of on top of the olive so I placed the bow and oval on the olives where I wanted them and cut them out in black.  Then I put the mouth where I wanted them on the olives and cut them out along with the bow and oval in a green pattern paper from my stash.  I cut the original olives in red. 

Below is picture of my Silhouette Design Studio Screen so you can get a better idea of what I did.

This is what the screen looked like when I first opened the file in my Silhouette Design Studio software.

This is what my screen looked like after I modified it.     

I copied the green olive, changed the color to black and placed the bow and oval on the black olive.  I then copied the black olive and changed the olive part to green and added the mouths.  Last I changed the original green olives to red.   Once I did all that I cut them all out and put them together.   

Now my card wouldn't be complete with out some kind of firework since we got married on the 4th of July so I searched my database for fireworks and found one with the Disney ship logo in it which was perfect because we love Disney and two years ago for our 25th anniversary we took a Disney Cruise to Alaska.  So to incorporate this firework into his anniversary card will bring back those fabulous memories.

I didn't use the Olive You from the My Scrap Chick file.  I chose to use a sentiment from Jaded Blossom instead that I heat embossed to make it stand out and also to be sparkly like a firework.

I am so happy with how this card turned out.  
Don't know why but it's extremely difficult to make cards for my hubby. Maybe it's because I over think it and want it to be perfect.


Here's a close up of the Sentiment.  
NOTE:  I modified this as well.  
Our wedding song is Always and Forever by Heatwave.   The sentiment was Olive You Forever and Always.  I cut the Forever and Always from the the Olive you and then cut the forever & always from the and.   I positioned them in my MISTI and stamped them with VersaMark and heat embossed it. 

Here's a close up of the firework.   I printed and then cut it out.  After it was cut out I used my Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to add sparkle to it. 


Here's a close up of those adorable olives.  Don't know if you can see it here but having the red of the bow & oval and the black of the mouth sunk in give it so much more character and dimension and my hubby said it made them look like real olives. 



Card Recipe:
  • Card base 5" High x 10.25" Wide - used Miss Kate Cuttables Fireworks Digital Paper and printed on my printer and then cut out using my Silhouette software.  I bought it through the Silhouette Design store but if you don't have a Silhouette you can purchase the 4th of July digital paper set directly from Miss Kate Cuttables by clicking HERE.
  • Sentiment from Jaded Blossom Olive You stamp set
    • Modified -- Cut Forever and Always from the Olive You and then cut those apart so I could rearrange them to read Always and Forever.
  • Embossing Powder was called Bridal but I couldn't locate the brand name on it.  It just had PSX and made in Santa Rosa, CA.
  • Firework from a Disney Facebook Page I belong to called Silhouette and Disney Lovers! and was a free file that Anne Wojahn Hober created and shared with the group.  Thank you Anne for this awesome file.  
    • I removed the stars and switched the colors around since I was printing and cutting this out using my Silhouette software because I already had red as a main part of my card. 
    • Accented the firework with Wink of Stella Glitter Brush pen.
My hubby opened the card this morning and loved it.  

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Crafting!
TTFN,
Debby

1 comment: