Friday, March 25, 2016

Guest Designer for Miss Kate Cuttables ~ Various Birthday Cards


Happy Friday Crafters,

I have been wanting to share this news with you for months but had to keep it under wraps until today.    I was picked to be one of Miss Kate Cuttables Guest Designers for 2016 and I'm extremely excited and honored.  

Today I finally get to post this announcement and to share with you the cards I made with a few of the fabulous Miss Kate Cuttables files. 

I have been a fan of Miss Kate Cuttables files ever since my husband bought me the Silhouette Cameo for my birthday back in 2013.   While searching files in the Silhouette store I fell in love with many of her files and then discovered that you could purchase them directly from their website.   I love getting them directly from the MKC website because not only do you get the SVG file for paper piecing but you also get png & jpg's for when you want to print and cut.  


The first card up was created using the Zipline Adventures file and is one that I've wanted to make for a co-worker's birthday.    
Card base is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2"


I then made some birthday cards from the Happy Days file.   I have some friends that have some milestone birthdays coming up so I thought this set would be cute to make cards for them. 

For this card I used the car from this Happy Days file that looks like a '57 Chevy to me.  I used glossy accents for the windows. 


For the next card from the Happy Days file I used the retro radio.  
I used glossy accents on the radio to make it look shiny like I believe the radios were back then.


For my forth and final card I created a shaped card using a truck from the Monster Truck file. 
In my Silhouette software, I took one of the trucks and welded it to the dirt pile.  I then copied it, flipped it and moved it over until it was in a position to weld the two pieces together.  Cut out the dirt, truck and all the accent pieces and put them on the front of the card base I created.   

Here is a screen shot of my Silhouette Studio so you can see what It looked like on the screen when I was done creating the card base. 


Here is the inside of the card. 

I used the glossy accents on the window.







Card Recipe:
A big thank you to Miss Kate Cuttables for the opportunity to be a Guest Designer.   I had so much fun making these projects.

Be sure to check out Miss Kate Cuttables website to see all the spectacular files and also to get the freebie of the day.   Yes she has a free file everyday.  What better way to try out her files, but don't say I didn't warn you, once you try them you'll be hooked. 

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Crafting!
TTFN,
Debby 








  


2 comments:

  1. Debby these cards are all fantastic! My favorite of them all is the zip line card. That is such a fun file and love that sentiment! I am sure the recipients loved them! And congratulations on being a Guest designer! So fun! And... Happy Easter to you!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment Jo. The zip line card is my favorite too. :)
      TTFN

      Delete