- Image is from KaDoodle Bug Designs Cutie KaToodles - Unicorn file
- Sentiment from Craftin Dessert Divas Happy Celebrations stamp set
- 3D Flip Swing Card Scalloped from the Silhouette Store Design #28759
- Wink of Stella pen to add sparkle to the unicorn. (Hard to see it on the picture)
- Also entered this in the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge: For Mom or a Girl!
Friday, May 1, 2015
KaDoodle Bug Designs May 1st thru May 14h Mother's Day Challenge
I love paper piecing but with working full time I sometimes don't have time to cut and put them all together which is why I love it when KaDoodle Bug Designs files have jpgs as part of their file options.
I'm in love with the new adorable KBD KaTootles files.
For my project I used the beautiful Cutie KaToodles - Unicorn because my MIL loves them and thought it would make a cute Mother's Day card for her.
I pulled the KaTootle Unicorn jpg into my Silhouette Studio Designer Software, traced it, cropped it to remove the white area around it, and then placed it on a scallop circle that I filled in with lavender. Once I got that done, I printed it and then put it through my Silhouette Cameo to cut it out.
I have been seeing a lot of crafters make shaker cards and love how they look and decided to try and make one. I shouldn't have used a scallop circle for my first shaker project but I like the way it turned out. I need to watch some more youtube videos before I make my next one.
Below are pictures of the final project.
I came up with this saying for the other side of the flip it card because my MIL is magical to us.