- Card base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Dory & Merlin from SVG Cutting Files Best Friend 2014 Blog Hop
- Sorry, this file was only available during this blog hop; you can't purchase it.
- Beach sea shells from SVG Cutting Files - #PP-2492 Sea Shells
- From Silhouette Design Store -
- Sea Plants - Design #27860
- Underwater Scene (Green seaweed) - Design #30279
- Seacuties from Designs on Cloud 9
- Sorry this company is no longer in business.
- Cuddlebug Polka Dot Embossing Folder
- Neon Sakura Gel Pens
Friday, April 14, 2017
Dory & Merlin Birthday Card
Today begins the PDE Linky Party #168 Card Challenge.
For this challenge I'm sharing with you a birthday card I made for my neighbor's daughter who is like a niece to me.
I try to make a card to follow the theme of her birthday party and this year her birthday party theme was Findy Dory.
As soon as I found out what the theme was I knew I had to use the Dory and Merlin that I got free from the SVG Cutting Files Best Friends Blog Hop from 2014 and accented them with various types of seaweed.
I used my CuddleBug Polka Dot Embossing folder to emboss the blue paper I used for the water. I printed and then cut the "Guess who's turning 5?" on a speech bubble.
My eBrush got a big workout accenting all the seaweed and the paper I used for the sand.
Here is a close up of Dory and the seaweed that I placed on the left hand side of the card. I used some of my gel pens to give additional accents to the seaweed.
Here is a close up of Merlin and the seaweed that I placed on the right hand side of the card.
Here is a close up of the sand and the purple coral that I used metalic sharpies to accent.
Hope you share your card with us over at the PDE Linky Party blog for this challenge. Click HERE for the link.
Thanks for stopping by.